Monday, November 6, 2023


 I'm just going to post a few pictures of possible future print ideas, from photos taken over the last couple of months. 

                                            Acadia Sunset

Acadia rocky beach

Rye, Driftwood Wedding Altar

More rocks

 Gray's Beach, Cape Cod

                                                                  Odiorne State Park

Working on my Christmas cards at present, but will be ready for something new soon! 


Saturday, September 9, 2023

Strawberry Basket

 Finished up a little print that is only 5" x 5", but involved the use of multiple stencils and color layers.

The subject is a humble cardboard basket full of strawberries.

These are the two variations of the finished prints. One has a white background and the other a light green one.

Some of the steps that I followed for this design are below:

Red berry stencil used to print over the green.

Carved leaf design in the background.

The final prints drying on the line.

Friday, August 4, 2023

"On the Rocks" and Uncommon Arts!

I hope everyone is having a good summer in spite of the wide range of weather issues that we all have been dealing with this year. (Rain and flooding, super hot weather, just to name a few...)

I did finish up the "Rocks" print that I had started in the last post. I ended up using quite a few stencils to block out areas of different color tones.

A little hint of purple in there.

The final stage of the block

The final print!

Tomorrow I'm setting  up my tent for the "Uncommon Art on the Common" event in Goffstown. I'll be selling prints, and my friend Lori will be there with her incredible felted animals (as well as prints). 
It is local and fun!!  The forecast is for sunshine and low 80s for temperature. We're good to go!

Saturday, June 24, 2023

More Rocks

 Greetings on this humid and showery day! It's been very rainy this month, and I'm looking forward to some sequential days of sunshine. Unfortunately, the extended forecast looks like more unsettled weather ahead.

I'm working on a new idea for a block print that incorporates my fascination with rocks and the seashore. This time I'm going for a close up of some colorful textured stones. I'd like to keep the colors more pure as I add the layers, so I'm experimenting with stencils for the initial colors.

Two of the shells are real (not part of the photo)

Sharpie marker over pencil on a 6" x 8" Soft-Kut block

Tracing paper stencil

Layer 1 printed using stencil (some of the marker lines show up in the first prints)

 This is what the plate looks like now. I still have a few more to print of layer 1, as this will be an edition of 16. 

No matter the weather, best wishes for a great weekend!

Monday, June 5, 2023

Foggy Coast Block Print

 I haven't posted for awhile, but I wanted to update the progress on a recent print that I had been working on. The subject is based on a photo I had taken on a visit to Portland Head Light in Maine. That day it was so foggy, you could barely see the water, and I liked the color scheme created by the mist. I also enjoy working with rocky textures!

Here is the finished image.

The print size is 6" x 9" and is part of an edition of 16.

Hope everyone is having a good week! Cool weather with rainy intervals in our forecast here. We had a couple hot days in the 90s last week, but things can change quickly, and the temperature is only 58 as I write this. Well at least the rain is great for the plants!

Monday, April 17, 2023

A taste of summer in April

 You never know what to expect in April when you live in New England! Last week we had some record breaking warmth, with the temperature hitting 90 degrees. Today we're back in the rainy 50s!

We took advantage of the great weather and did a nice beach walk. It was chillier at the coast, but so perfect to be outside enjoying the day!

Hampton Beach

Rose breasted Grosbeak

Thrilled to see this bird back in our yard!

Started working on a new block print that incorporates my favorite subject matter- rocks and water.

first layer

I want to create the illusion of fog hanging over the shoreline, and depict all the muted colors of the rocks.
As usual I'm using Akua inks, a Soft-cut block, and printing each layer by hand. There are 16 prints in this edition.

Have a good week!

Saturday, April 1, 2023

April News

 It's April Fools Day, but I'm not a trickster! I don't have the heart to play practical jokes on anyone, and cringe at television shows that pull pranks on people. That said, I love that it is April 1st, and we can kick March to the curb! Even though there is still snow in my yard, it's melting fast, and plenty of little green shoots are popping up everywhere!

I'm also happy to  have some of my block prints on display, and for sale at the Asheville Print Studio in Asheville, North Carolina. The owner of the studio created a "spotlight" show for my work in the entry area of the studio. There is also a larger curated exhibition of prints from 27 artists who belong to the Asheville Printmakers Group, going on at the same time. Check them out on Instagram!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!