Monday, September 5, 2011

Illustration Friday "Mysterious"


"mysterious night noises"

Just a quick charcoal sketch for this week's IF theme. I'm back at work for the new school year, and as always it's a busy time. It has been a hot and humid Labor Day weekend here in New England, which is much better than dealing with last weekend's brush with Hurricane Irene. Looking forward to some cooler Fall days, but not the loss of the long daylight hours. It is always bittersweet to say good-bye to summer vacation!


12 comments:

  1. I'll trade you one rainy gloomy Labor Day for your hot humid one. I'm not complaining though, it's a much needed day off! Your drawing is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great illustration, you really tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great illustration! This reminds me of some children's books I read as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice drawing with a lovely old fashioned touch. It triggers childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. superb :) you have captured the moment - it's wonderful how you worked those noises in so subtle-ly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice sketch, Jane! Love the cozy but scary feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really does remind me of some illustrations I loved from my favorite books as a child, as a couple of comments have already said. So charming. It makes me want to know more about these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This "quick charcoal" is very successful! Very atmospheric!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The charcoal is the perfect texture for this subject matter. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete