Sunday, October 14, 2012

Illustration Friday "water"

Try not to get too water-logged.

My town has a giant pumpkin festival every October, where humungous pumpkins are weighed and displayed. They also turn some of the giant pumpkins into boats, and have a crazy race on the river. This morning it was raining very hard early, but fortunately by noon it was only cloudy and occasionally drizzly. I was gallery-sitting at the town hall for a few hours this afternoon, which gave me inspiration and a chance to work on this piece.

10 comments:

  1. Love the atmosphere!Great watercolors:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. It has been that kind of a fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Great job capturing the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I think you captured the rain wonderfully too. She's so cute! I hope there's hot cocoa waiting somewhere.

    Holy cow, pumpkin boats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Raindrops are just awesome! Love the rain wash away effect you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely illustration and such a great idea for a festival..pumpkin boats! It sounds like a sight to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, work. Made me smile.. thank you Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your kind comments! I should post a picture of those pumpkin boats---they are pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete