Wednesday, July 24, 2013

California Travels

While I was away from home, and not posting on my blog, I was traveling around parts of California with eight of my college friends. We've known each other at least 35 years, and we began holding summer reunions four years ago. Thanks to Facebook, we resumed our friendships. Now that the youngest of our children are 18 years old, we planned a big trip to California, to meet up with the two who have settled there. Two of us still live in New England, the others are in Maryland, Virginia, and Connecticut. The landscapes and the temperatures in the areas we visited are quite varied, and I'll share some of the pictures from my trip.

 Brunch in Santa Barbara
                                           The Art Fair along the beach in Santa Barbara

 Pacific Coast Highway

Elephant Seals
 Stopped for pie at Linn's in Cambria

 San Francisco Trolley Cars

 They say this is the pub where the first Irish Coffee originated. Good place to warm up as it was very cool and windy in the city
 The Golden Gate Bridge

 The "Painted Ladies" (fans of the Full House television show will recognize these)

 The view of San Francisco from Sausalito

 Muir Woods National Park featuring the giant Redwood trees

 Taking a break on the trail

 Napa Valley

 Rutherford Hills Winery   Beautiful flowers everywhere!

 Wine casks in Castello di Amorosa (nice and cool down there as it was a warm day outside)

 Lake Tahoe beach

 Heading down in the tram at Squaw Mountain

 View from the tram of windswept rock

Emerald Bay in South Tahoe


Now that I'm home again, I need to get back to creating some new artworks. I think my California vacation will be the inspiration for my next block print. Choosing from so many great images will be the biggest difficulty.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip Jane, your photos are super. You must have all had so much to talk about...what a lovely reuion with your friends. Welcome home and I am sure you inspiration is bursting out. Looking forward to seeing what you create. Enjoy the rest of the summer, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting in San Francisco, I was wondering if you know a
    California vacation property
    that's cheap for a few weeks stay?

    ReplyDelete