Sunday, March 16, 2014

Odiorne print


I've been working on a new print of the rocks at Odiorne Sate Park. I've been blending colors on my brayers to get various gradients of value and color in each layer. I've finished the sky, and will be working on the colors in the rocks next. Probably 3 or 4 layers to go. I'm using a soft-cut block, Akua inks, and Rives Light printmaking paper. There is a NHAA show in Portsmouth that I'd like to enter it in if it comes out well, and I'm finished by the deadline at the end of the month.

Spring is arriving this week! Snow is still blanketing my yard, but the sun is brighter, so hopefully there will be some melting going on. The 10 day forecast shows 20's, 30's and 40's for high temperatures, with a low temperature tomorrow morning of -6 degrees. You've got to be kidding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment