Thursday, May 12, 2016

Tattoo

Just a quick sketch for this week's Illustration Friday prompt,"tattoo." I'm not a fan of tattoos as my students will tell you. I'm always trying to talk them out of getting one when they turn 18. My argument is to wait until at least 25, when they might be a little more in touch with the image they  want to carry on their bodies for life. I've seen a few that I can appreciate, but many that are not going to stand the test of time! One girl had the "Four horses of the Apocalypse" from the etching by Albrect Durer tattooed across her whole back. The work was pretty incredible, and I guess if you are going to get one, go for it!


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Jane...my son has 1 which he had done at 17 and does regret, luckily my daughter during med school studies, was so horrified by what complications there can be that she was never interested. I LOVE your IF, it's such fun...is that a selfie..;0)xx

    ReplyDelete