Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April Showers

Yay it's April! Must be Spring! Too bad there's a chance of snow this week, and nothing above 50 degrees in the near future. Of course I shouldn't be surprised as this happens every year. We get excited about warmer weather, and then disappointed when the cold weather hangs on longer than anyone wants. Tomorrow is Opening Day at Fenway Park in Boston, and our beloved Red Sox will be playing on a windy, sunny day with temperatures in the 40's. Go Sox!!

I have been working on a different mermaid print. For this print, I painted a black background with acrylic paint, inked up the plate with Speedball ink, and printed it over the black base. I added a variety of colors using Prismacolor colored pencils over the ink.

It's considered a monotype as each print will be a little different. I like experimenting with different techniques and color schemes.


A simple little Easter card

My faithful companion who likes to hang out on my desk while I'm working on projects.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work, loving the mermaid Jane. Hi to your dear sweet pussy cat from Billy xx

    ReplyDelete