Sunday, July 22, 2018

Shells Print continued....

I've been working on the "Shells" print this week, and you'll see the progress since I last posted.
The weather was so pleasant, that I was able to do some of the carving out on the porch. Wiley and I enjoy watching the birds (and squirrels) in the yard while I'm working.



In the images above, I've already printed the first color previously, and carved out the areas that will remain that first color (light gray). I'm also carving out the texture of the background. 

In the image below, here is the layer of darker gray after it has been printed over the first layer.


I've had to do a lot of carving to get the block ready for the next color.


Below are a few variations of the print with the blue-gray layer.


The ink color shows up better in this photo.


I could be done at this stage, but I think I may do another layer. I will have to wait and see how the ink dries. All the various layers of ink, affect the final color. The real trick of making a successful reduction print, is the perfect alignment of the printing paper each time you add a layer. The pins and tabs, as well as a sturdy base to hold the block in place are the keys to matching up the image every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment