Saturday, March 21, 2020

The Nest

I've been so neglectful of this site recently, but thought I might share a little print I made for the arrival of Spring. Little did I know this would be a spring like no other, but the birds don't know it, and they are going on with life as usual, even if we are not. Watching the birds is one of the activities that is still possible as I'm engaged in "remote learning." My students are in their homes, and I am in mine, but one can see out the window, or take a nice walk outdoors as a break from the computer.
I saw red-winged blackbirds and grackles for the first time today, and of course the regulars are still here. Lots of cardinals, blue jays, chickadees, titmouse, sparrows, nuthatches, crows, starlings, gold finches, woodpeckers, and mourning doves are enjoying the food we put out. Even a couple of raccoons were visiting the other morning.

First Layer


 


 Inking the block



the reveal of the last layer of ink


 The final print

Stay healthy! Get outside if you can, and enjoy the longer days and hopefully warmer temperatures!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment