Friday, August 6, 2021

Piscataquog River Print

 I've been busy getting ready for the Uncommon Art on the Common Art Sale, which is taking place in Goffstown Village tomorrow. It has been a couple of years since I last participated, due to weather and Covid, but it's always a lot of fun! I'm selling block prints, and my friend Lori has gorgeous felted animals, as well as prints.


I just finished, in the nick of time, a new print of the Piscataquog River. The river runs right through the center of Goffstown Village, and is a great place to observe wildlife. I've recently seen a bald eagle, and an osprey flying overhead. 

Here's the steps in creating the new print that I just finished.

The "soft-cut" block is ready to carve. I use a black sharpie to outline the transferred drawing.

Warm yellow tone for the first color


Light blue for second layer



more carving, then a couple gray layers for the sky

First green layer
Second green layer
third green layer
Final green for the finished print!

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment