Saturday, March 5, 2022

Travels' Inspiration

 The last five weeks have been very busy! I had the opportunity to travel west to the island of Kauai, Hawaii, and then east to Acadia National Park in Maine. Two separate trips, one by plane, the other by car, to explore very different winter locales!

The tropical beaches of Kauai were a welcome respite from a long, cold New England winter, while the trip to Acadia highlighted the beauty of the icy shores of northern coastal Maine.


Shipwreck Beach, Kauai


Acadia National Park, Mt. Desert Island, Maine



After a climb, up ice-covered trails, the reward of a mountain top view is exhilarating, in spite of the temperature!

I'm starting on a linoleum reduction block print of the Acadia coast. I love the textures and colors of the rocks, and the wild waves! I've transferred the image onto my block, and am going over all the pencil lines with a Sharpie marker, so that the drawing won't disappear after layers of ink.


linoleum block 11" x 14"

I will update my progress on this print, as I get more done.


Dwarfed by the giant palm!

I think this feller may be the subject of another print!



No comments:

Post a Comment