Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Back from vacation!

I haven't posted for a few weeks as I was on a wonderful vacation in Cape Charles, Virginia with my college friends. In the last six years we have reconnected and met up each summer for a "girls' weekend/week".  Cape Charles is at the lower end of the Delmarva Peninsula, and is a quiet, lovely town. We stayed in a beautiful house with a view of  the Chesapeake Bay. There was plenty of time for sight-seeing, eating out, visiting the beach, and hanging around the pool. Also plenty of laughter and reminiscing!

                                Sunset from the porch
                               We stayed in the Aqua house
                                An interesting sculpture at the Public Beach.

While on vacation I attempted to post last week's Illustration Friday theme, but never got it on line in time, so will post it here. Picked a few grape tomatoes and 2 small zucchini today but my vegetable garden is a little sparse this year. I did plant some tall sunflowers which are growing well, and my husband's perennial gardens are adding color around the yard. Gotta love summer!

                                                                    Garden

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jane,it sounds like a great holiday. I love your garden drawing...it has such a gorgeoous vintage feel and yes I love summer too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete