Friday, July 24, 2015

"Treasure"


Another late one for Illustration Friday. The prompt was "treasure" last week. I tend to be the collector of old family memorabilia and genealogy stuff. I'm always curious about the stories behind the photos and postcards, and other correspondence that has been saved.

I'm working on a couple of new prints this week. One of a lobster, and another one of rocks and a rushing river. My new kitten"Wiley" is a bit of a distraction. She either wants to play, or plop down right where I am working. She's practically sleeping on my keyboard right now, and I'm trying to type over her body!

Can't believe it's Friday already--have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love old family things too Jane...your boxes are indeed full of treasure...how interesting they must be. Your lovely drawing is perfect in sepia. Wiley sounds such fun she would be great friends with Billy, he likes to still sits on my keyboard if I let him and is far to big now to do this. Cats are just the best pets aren't they. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old family things too Jane...your boxes are indeed full of treasure...how interesting they must be. Your lovely drawing is perfect in sepia. Wiley sounds such fun she would be great friends with Billy, he likes to still sits on my keyboard if I let him and is far to big now to do this. Cats are just the best pets aren't they. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are all the illustrations on your blog by you? So incredible. A pin brought me here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my answer quickly. I have been looking through your blog since discovering it this morning...heart warming...breath taking...You are an amazing artist. So gifted.

      Delete