Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tufted Titmouse Print

Just finished a print of a Tufted Titmouse. The size of the image is 4" x 4" and it is a 4-color reduction print (using only one block). I printed with Akua inks on Speedball blockprinting paper.

I haven't seen a titmouse today, but we did have a flock of Common Redpolls in the yard. This is the first time I've seen them this season. Also lots of goldfinches on the feeders, robins in the sumac, and a few Pine Siskens. At the moment, a trio of Mourning Doves are sitting in sun, while several more are actively foraging around them. It's a beautiful clear day, but the temperatures are still in the twenties. Glad to be inside drinking my hot tea, and enjoying the birds outside of my window. A quick walk to the post office earlier convinced me of that.

5 comments:

  1. Yes it's been cold!
    Glad to see more bird prints!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo!! I LOVE this! And I love Tufted Tit...mice? Mouses? Hehehe! Do you have these for sale? They would go like hotcakes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of goals is to set up an Etsy shop--soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming! Hope to see the Etsy shop soon, great shop I'm thinking of opening one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great print!! really nice with the detail, must be fun to design this!

    ReplyDelete