Monday, February 22, 2016

The Heron Print, next stage...


I've been working on this print for a while, but I think I'll be finished this week. The image above is the stage that I'm at right now. I just printed the brown layer, and I am carving the block in preparation for the final one, which will be black. I'm using a "gomuban" plate which is softer than linoleum, but harder than easy-cut. I like the material because I can use a printing press, and get more consistent colors overall. The easy-cut doesn't work well with the press as it can get squished and distorted by the pressure.

On my winter break this week, so it's nice to have some flexible time to get a few projects completed!!

2 comments:

  1. It's looking fabulous Jane....the light is shimmering through.Enjoy your week off x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking fabulous Jane....the light is shimmering through.Enjoy your week off x

    ReplyDelete