Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas comes and goes...

How quickly the holidays come and go! We celebrated Christmas 2017 in the midst of a snowstorm, and are approaching the New Year in a deep freeze. Fortunately, my sister and her husband were able to navigate my parents' Subaru through the 6" of snow, to get them to my home for Christmas morning brunch. My girls were both here for Christmas Eve, and we had a lovely night together before the big day.
                                                        The night before Christmas

I've been on the Holiday break from work this week, and enjoying some time to catch up on projects, and relax after the busyness of the last few weeks. The area is in the midst of a long stretch of frigid weather. The temperatures haven't risen above 15 degrees, and the wind has made it feel even colder! We've been feeding the birds and squirrels a copious amount of birdseed. I took a picture of a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker that's been hanging around the yard. It looks all fluffed up against the cold.



                                                                   Gold Finches

Aside from errands and a few workouts at the gym, I've been staying warm and toasty at home.


I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas! Best wishes for the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Brrr that looks very cold indeed Jane. I'm glad you enjoyed a family Christmas despite the deep snow. Wishing you the best of everything for 2018 x

    ReplyDelete