Wednesday, March 20, 2019

White Mountain Adventure

Last weekend I went on another adventure with friends, up to the AMC Joe Dodge Lodge in Pinkham Notch. I had always wanted to go snowshoeing in that area, so I signed up for the trip. I left work on Friday and made it up to the place in about 2 hours and 40 minutes. I enjoyed the drive, as it was a beautiful, warm day, and the view of the mountains was gorgeous. I drove up on one side of the Presidential Range, and down the other. The AMC lodge and visitor center is at the base of Mt Washington, where many people park there to hike up to Tuckerman's Ravine, and ski down the bowl. That's a little more adventurous than what I wanted to attempt.


 After a hearty breakfast
and a good night's sleep in the bunkhouse (guess who gets the top bunk)

we were ready to go for a snowshoe hike. We had a wonderful guide who pointed out animal tracks, interesting plants and fungi, and knew the trails thoroughly.




It was great to meet new people, to get outside, and enjoy the meals prepared for us!


 I'd like to do several block prints from these images!



I noticed a little heart in the melting snow! I hope I will be able to get back there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment