Monday, August 15, 2022

"Island Light" continued

  It's hard to believe that it is mid-August already! The summer always seems to fly by so quickly! When I was a full-time teacher, I'd be savoring the last couple of weeks, and trying to change my mindset about going back to work. Now I'm thinking how lovely the weather can be in September!

I'm still working on the "Island Light" (version 2) reduction block print. The lighter tones have been printed, and I've been doing a lot of carving in preparation for the darker areas on the windows and roofs.

 



It's tricky to cut away all the raised areas that I don't want any of the darker inks to get on. I've found that I sometimes need to create stencils to block off certain parts. 

I hope you are enjoying the process as much as I do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment