Friday, October 28, 2022

Past Peak Foliage and a New Print

 As the month of October is rapidly reaching its end, I have been capturing a few images of the waning colors. 


The nearby lake has been partially drained this Fall

The bike trail covered by fallen leaves


The final harvest of tomatoes, and the last of the Orange Cosmos


We've had frost a few nights so far, and I've been taking in the plants that I want to over-winter in the house. I have a hard time letting go of plants, and I know I have way too many. So many of my house plants have a story behind them. Plants from clippings from my late grandparent's house, birthday plants, plants sent to us in sympathy of a loved one's passing, cactus that were tiny in one pot over 30 years ago, now monsters in their own containers. I have an orchid that a student gave to me many years ago, that faithfully blooms each year. My husband rescued a couple plants from his office as they weren't doing well, and now they are part of the menagerie. I complain a bit, but I truly enjoy having growing things around me!

I finished a small 5"x 7" reduction block print this week. It is another version of a winter stream that I photographed a few years ago while taking a walk around town. I created a larger, similar print previously, but this one focuses more on shadows on the snow.


Goffstown Stream

It's part of an edition of 16, and I'll be putting it in my Etsy shop soon. Also getting ready for the Two Villages Art Society's Members Show in Contoocook, NH.  The show runs from November 25-December 24th. and is a great place to shop for gifts!

Bye for now! Happy Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment