Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The other night I was just doodling a sketch of the girls toasting marshmallows around the campsite, when the big empty spot at the bottom of the page felt like it needed something. It reminds me of the time I was staying at a house in Waterville NH. I was walking down the road from the house to the lake when I heard something rustling around in the bushes  ahead of me. My first thought was that someone's dog was loose. Suddenly, a very big brown head popped out of the foliage. I took off running back up the hill at full speed, yelling, "It's a bear, it's a bear!" The poor bear took off just as quick in the opposite direction.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Great story!! There is a mother bear and her cubs in my neighborhood. The people right across the street saw her on their deck.
    Very cool illustration!! The bear is perfect in the corner!!

    ReplyDelete