Monday, April 19, 2010

American Visionary Museum


Last Saturday while on my trip to Baltimore for the National Art Ed. Association Convention, I visited the American Visionary Museum. It is a fabulous museum full of all types of unconventional art created by artists who were not formally trained in an art school. A full sized glass mosaic-covered bus greets you near the entrance. This egg shaped sculpture is also outside. A wide variety of intriguing sculptures, paintings, textiles, and drawings make this museum a must-see if you visit Baltimore.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane. You're not going to believe this, but we are actually distant relatives. It just so happens I'm an artist too, so I decided to look you up. I have some great memories of you showing me how to draw Sesame Street characters at my grandparent's summer cottage when I was very little. Your illustrations are so cute! Send me a message, I'd love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to this museum when I visited Baltimore a couple of years ago. It was amazing!!! Glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete