Friday, November 12, 2021

November Days

 November has graced us with some very nice weather this year! Although as I write this, rain is coming down in buckets! 

I can't resist taking pictures on my walks. The colors of the foliage are ranging from subtle to vibrant, and it has been great to be able to get out and enjoy them.


                                                        Piscataquog River in Goffstown



Dorrs Pond in Manchester


 Uncanoonuc Mountains in the background

I have been working on some ideas for Christmas cards, and played around today with some textures using a Gelli plate. I had already carved out a series of snowflakes from small easy-cut blocks, to use as traditional stamps on a snowman design. Then I experimented a bit with the Gelli plate to make background textures for other cards. 


Golden Open acrylics


The Gelli plate can be used to make a variety of textures
 

                                                Some variations of the snowflake textures.

I will have some of my reduction block prints in an art show later this month at the Two Villages Art Society Gallery in Contoocook, NH. I framed five of my newest prints to hang in the show. The gallery will be running this exhibit and sale from November 26--December 24th.





You can never have too many cat pictures! Hello from Wiley.










No comments:

Post a Comment